May 20, 2014

Scouted- Sloppy Seconds Clothing

Today a new feature will be added on Farm Towns And Ball Gowns namely "Scouted"

Scouted will feature an interesting individual/individuals or project that is South African.
First up, meet Leigh-Anne Liebenberg from Sloppy Seconds. She is a 24 year old earth child that's doing her share to make our planet a little more green.
City: Port Elizabeth

Please tell us more about sloppy seconds. (What is it about and how did it start?)
Sloppy Seconds is a collection of previously loved second hand clothing, accessories and miscellaneous treasures. This transient collection of second hand garments is hand-picked, altered or reworked to ensure each garment is repaired or altered to a more modern fit. I shorten dresses, blouse sleeves, shorts and over-sized shirts to crop tops. I do custom alterations on any Sloppy Seconds purchases, such as shortening or taking in garments that are too big. I hope to offer a product which emphasizes the idea of recycling by reworking old garments and scrap fabrics I find in the second hand shop to create new designs from “waste”.

I started Sloppy Seconds on my gap year in 2009 because I‘ve always loved the idea of owning something that someone else has worn in an entirely different era and wanted to share that concept. I personally wear a lot of second hand clothing and received interest in my own second hand “vintage” clothing so I decided to sell a few of my extra garments and from there it grew to Facebook!
That's so cool!  How and where can we purchase these treasures from?
I’m based in Port Elizabeth and sell at two markets a month in Port Elizabeth.
The Granary Market, the first Wednesday of every month from 4pm-9pm at The Granary in Stanley street Richmond Hill Port Elizabeth. 
The Back to Earth Organic Market, the last Sunday of every month from 10am-3pm at The Cash store Sardinia Bay road, Sardinia Bay Port Elizabeth.
I do post anywhere in South Africa for an additional R30 so anyone is able to order the items they’re interested in!
Also, can someone owning vintage material contact you for resale?
Yes sure, I do sometimes buy from customers or sell for them so anyone wanting to sell goods can contact me via the Facebook page.

Contact details and social media platform usernames:
Facebook: sloppy.seconds.clothing
Instagram:  @sloppy_seconds_clothing
Visit Sloppy Seconds facebook page or instagram profile and browse through the charming pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment