Nov 5, 2012

DIY- Haircut

A few years ago while accompanying my friend to the salon I was amazed at the technique used by the hairdresser to cut my friends hair. She made her lean forward throwing all her hair over her face. She tied it up and snipped the ends. The result: Beautiful layers.

Recently my hair was looking rather boring, shapeless and flat. I needed a haircut, desperately. Unfortunately there just wasn't time for a salon visit.

Remembering what I'd seen I decided to give it a try. What's the worst that could happen, uneven layers? 90% of the time my hair is covered anyway(with a hijab), it was worth the risk.

To my surprise, it looked pretty amazing. So good that a friend ask me to cut hers too!

What you'll need:
•Newspaper
•Elastic hair band
•Comb
•Sharp hair scissors

How it's done:
1. Place newspaper on the floor
2. Sit on the newspaper, tilt your head forward & brush all your hair down over ur head.
3. Tie it up at your forehead.
4. Using a sharp scissor, cut off a piece from the bottom of the pony, depending on how long/short you'd like to cut your hair. Remember that the top layer of your hair is the length of your hair.

Best done on wet hair but if you have straight hair it will work on dry hair too.

If you're a bit scared, ask a friend for some assistance.
Good luck! Happy snipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment